Are you looking for an eco-friendly and cost effective way to split firewood for your fire pit, fireplace, smoker, barbecue, sauna or pizza oven? A Manual Log Splitter is an ideal choice for your needs. They are simple to transport, as well as make the job easier, less costly, safer and cheaper than a gas or electric wood splitter. It makes the task easier to split the firewood without taking alot more time. These log splitters are available in different types and styles that will perfectly suit all firewood splitting needs. The best and efficient tool brings the simplest way to split the firewood quickly. Choosing the right manual log splitter is not a daunting task now because the following product reviews make the pick easier. Additionally, the precise details help you to check the unique features of the top five log splitters.
Top Rated Manual Log Splitter Comparison Chart
Best 5 Manual Log Splitter Reviews
Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Log Splitter Manual
Anyone can easily do the log splitting job around their garden by using Sun Joe LOGGER JOE LJ10M 10-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter. Connect the efficiency of physically operated two-speed pump for quickly producing approximately ten tons of driving force for easily splitting the firewood logs about 18 inches of long x eight inches of wide.
This manual log splitter is specially designed to be long-lasting, manufactured with a strong steel structure that will inevitably bring users lasting results. The durable construction delivers reliable performance and power for a long time. The compact size makes it convenient for storing while LJ10M is not used.
- Efficiently split logs about eighteen inches long x eight inches wide
- It has an efficient hydraulic ram that creates up to ten tons of driving force
- The log cradle in this tool prevents the split wood or firewood from falling
- It has most durable and robust steel construction
- Small wheels on rear to assist moving on hard surfaces
- Unique Log cradle to avoid falling
- Ram returns the spring for fast resets
- Easy to use – there is no oil, cords or gas
- Consists of robust construction
- Require less maintenance
- Heavy to move around
Speed Force log splitter 14 ton
This Speed Force Firewood Splitter is a stunning invention that brings users an excellent chance to split firewood only by utilizing minimum force. It includes minimum risk. The intelligent splitting tool is developed for ease of function, safety, saving your shoulders, arms, and back.
This manual splitter is simple to use as well as splitting the toughest logs without any hassles. It is safe for people to use of any size, this tool is designed to last. It does not require maintenance. It requires less space as well as it’s simple to store and assemble. The easy setup on a hardwood stump creates a great platform to work off.
- Practical and straightforward to use
- More fun and safer than a maul and axe
- Guide bar of this tool keeps overall weight on the target
- Uses only gravity force, not muscle
- It strikes with about 14 tons pressure at blade’s edge
- You can use the drill for making a hole which measures up to 12cm in the stump base
- Needs a hardwood stump
- You can insert a smart-splitting tool into the base to further assist with the cut
- Convenient and economical
- No maintenance needed
- Simple to store
- Simple setup and use
- Not suitable for large logs
- Requires effort, doesn’t like really knotty wood
- Works better with seasoned wood
Bilt Hard 12-Ton Horizontal Manual Hydraulic Log Splitter
The Bilt Hard hydraulic manual log splitter has certain unique features such as two-speed pumps. Fast working pumps have the power to develop roughly twelve tons of wood-splitting force. The pumps can function well with the two steel handles for splitting the logs approximately 18 inches long. Apart from that, this hydraulic splitting device has a 8 inch ram stroke.
With this tool, you can make firewood splitting a job which takes less time and avoids many inconveniences. One feature of this splitter is that Bilt Hard is stored effortlessly when not used because of its portable size. Another unique feature of this splitting device that holds the position at the peak of its type is that it provides the log cradle for preventing the split firewood from often falling to ground after being split, it offers consistent results and better splitting capacity.
- It splits logs – 18in long by 6 Dia.
- There is a two-speed pump in this splitter that develops twelve tons of log-splitting pressure
- The log cradle prevent firewood from falling
- It has a 5 inch wedge height
- Small wheels on rear to assist moving on hard surfaces
- Portable design
- Twelve tons of active splitting power
- Two-speed pump
- Affordable cost
- Wheels are handy, but only good for hard surfaces as only 2″ diameter
- Very similar design to the Sun Joe, compare price and availability
10-Ton Horizontal Log Splitter Manually Operated
The 10-Ton Manually Operated Log Splitter does what its name says and splits wood with up to 10 ton force . It has a two stage hydraulic pumping system, one for fast movement up to the wood piece and the second to apply the full 10 tons of force onto the log. The pump of this device works by using two steel handles for splitting the logs up to 18 inches long and 6 1/2 in dia..
The two wheels on this splitter let users enjoy easy maneuverability on hard surfaces. The manually operated device works in the horizontal position. The finest features of this splitter include:
- Manually operated splitting tool
- The pump functions by using two steel handles for easily splitting the logs up to 18 inches long
- Two wheels for simple maneuverability
- Operates in the horizontal position
- The overall capacity of this tool is 10 ton
- The dimension of this model 44.49 x 10.24 x 11.81 inches
- Smooth operation
- Easy to operate and use
- No fumes, and no noise
- Doesn’t work in vertical position
- Some people recommend using a hatchet to complete the split in stringy woods
Titan 12 ton Towable Manual Hydraulic log splitter
The Titan 12-Ton Manually Operated Log Splitter is a handy addition to the wood shed. It has lots of specialized features and powerful pump. The pump of this device works by using two steel handles for splitting the logs about 15.5 inches length..
In addition to that, it also includes 8-5/16 inches of Ram Stroke. The two wheels on this splitter lets users enjoy easy maneuverability and tow-ability. The manually operated device works in the horizontal position. The finest features of this splitter include:
- Stationary wedge has hinged wings that assist with parting the wood further during the splitting process
- The pump functions by using two steel handles for easily splitting logs about 15.5 inches long X 12 in dia
- It has 7 3/4 inches Ram stroke
- Two wheels for simple maneuverability and a tow hitch
- Operates in a horizontal position
- The overall capacity of this tool is 12 ton
- The dimension of this model 60 x 16.5 x 12.5 inches
- Smooth operation
- Easy to operate and use
- Pin style hitch and wheels works with lawn mower, garden tractors and ATV/UTV’s
- Reviews have proven that maximum log length is 15.5″ not a claimed 18 inches
- Doesn’t works in vertical position
- More expensive than other models but comes with tow hitch and wheels
How to Choose a Great Manual Log Splitter
While seeking for an ideal wood splitting tool to pick, there are some useful aspects you require keeping in your mind. By just taking into concern the elements below, you can get an idea to choose the right hydraulic log splitter. Before considering the features and other specifications to select a wood splitting tool, you can make a choice based on the sum of splitting needed to be done with a log splitter. It is an essential consideration that helps you to choose the best type of manual slide log splitter. The manual log splitting tools are the cost-effective solutions but function only for less quantity of splitting. They are ideal for the domestic use.
When splitting wood for your fire or pizza oven your splitter will need to deal with various types, seasoned or not seasoned, knotty or straight grain and therefore your splitter should have the capacity to handle all kinds of woods. If you want to deal with the hardest wood, you should have the log splitting tool with sufficient power to take care of it. Apart from that, you can also consider some additional factors, including, force, weight and much more.
People want to buy a splitter which has the power of splitting even huge log pieces. Due to this, you require ensuring that you verify the maximum size the log splitter can face before purchasing it. The valuable consideration helps you to check whether the splitter serves your planned purpose.
You may be required to move your splitter from one location to another location to keep it protected after use. An extremely large manual log splitter without wheels or a trolley will be very complicated to move. For avoiding the difficulties, you can look for the log splitters which have wheels that are larger diameter for rough terrain to small smooth wheels for in the shed. The proper selection makes the transferring task much simpler.
You can check the cycle time for knowing the speed of a splitter. A log splitter with quick cycle times makes it easier to split many wood pieces within a short period.
It is an essential truth that any splitter designed by using steel material is supposed to be durable. With this in mind, you can ensure that you properly check to observe whether the tool you desire to purchase is made by using high-quality steel. The finest consideration helps you to be guaranteed of utilizing the tool for an extended time without worrying about the failure.
Log splitters have some specialized features to deal with different log sizes and therefore having an efficient log disk for the attuned is a vital function. It brings you simpler and faster-guided operation. Wood splitting tools are provided with three position height tuning plates, but few may come with two. Few vertical model splitters also include clamps which make the log handling easier.
With such splitters, it is recommended that you ensure that you get to purchase splitters that include a minimum of 12 months warranty.
The above factors need to be considered during the purchasing process to assist you in purchasing a log splitter that will meet all your needs.
The above details aim to offer you a chance to go quickly through the thorough reviews of various manual log splitters. All these log splitters that are mentioned above are superior and durable. Anyone should be capable of figuring out why they require manual log splitting tool quickly. You can also understand the benefits of choosing the right splitter. Apart from that, it also allows you to know about the important aspects that require taking into consideration when selecting the right log splitter. Through the genuine reviews of best manual log splitter for your house, you will never fail to discover the right tool for your firewood splitting needs.
Click here to know more about Gas Powered Log Splitters